Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Four Films

Following (1998)

Christopher Nolan’s debut movie is a very twisting catching thriller. Shot in black and white. Low budget. Great thriller.

My rating 8,5/10

Gespenster (2005)

Gespenster means “ghost”. As with many other German movies, this has a very nice picture, great acting and a beautiful style. A story that make the watcher ask a lot of questions.

My rating: 8/10


Stake Land (2010)

This is a mix of The Road and I Am Legend. Great horror movie with few clichés.
The bad things about this movie are the lack of story why the country is swarming with vampires, and the ending is a bit weak. The super vampire is also a bit dumb.

My rating: 7,5/10

Jerichow (2008)

Directed by Christian Petzold, the man behindYella (2007) and Gespenster (2005), two German movies I also liked a lot. This has much of the same style; great acting, good cinematography, unexpected things that happen, and great script.

My rating: 8/10

No comments: