Search This Blog

Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday's music recommendation

Cyesm – Empire Street

This is one chill song. Reminds me a bit of Yppah, and makes me happy :) I've listened through “Weird Stories” (2012) where it is from, but I can't yet decide if the album is good or not.

 
Joy Zipper - S/t (2007)

Joy Zipper is relaxing rock music. It's playful, cheering, slow and nice. It reminds me a bit of Yo La Tengo. 




My Bee's Garden 

“Hunt the Sleepers” (2010) is dark and beautiful.




Hookworms
After listening through the four-track single album “Hookworms” (2011) on Spotify, I bought their recent album “Pearl Mystic” (2013). It is great psychedelic rock, a bit similar to Psychic Ills. I've listened through the album some times now, but I am not sure how much I like it yet. 

Feeding People

I discovered this band by listening to my favorite radio disk jockey, Harald Are Lund. Their album “Island Universe” (2013) is great piece. It shows a lot of variation. 



I don't think this is the best track, but I didn't find my favorite tracks of the albums on youtube. 

Wampire

Speaking of Harald Are Lund, Wampire was also discovered listening to this guy. “Curiosity” (2013) is a cool album. Check it out!






No comments: